DragCoverage.com Speed Forums  

DragCoverage.com Speed Forums > DragCoverage.com Speed Forums > General Discussion | Everything

12-26-2014, 01:39 AM
detuned

: n/a

Tom, I am interested in running the 5:70 class, been reading the rules for this class and would like to know if hood fasteners is what you mean by no ribbets showing. I have a lift off hood and trunk lid, backhalfed with no carpet but sprayed with black undercoating inside. not trying to change rules just wondering if i could race in this class. Thank You</p>
12-26-2014, 08:51 AM
Bugs

hope all this rain hasn't made it look like bog pit. :angry:テつ* :angry:</p>
12-26-2014, 10:58 AM
tom clausen

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="detuned" data-cid="7069" data-time="1419575942">
<div>

Tom, I am interested in running the 5:70 class, been reading the rules for this class and would like to know if hood fasteners is what you mean by no ribbets showing. I have a lift off hood and trunk lid, backhalfed with no carpet but sprayed with black undercoating inside. not trying to change rules just wondering if i could race in this class. Thank You</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

hood and trunk fasteners are fine. no problem there. you will need carpet from the front seats up at least. the back part is ok as long as its painted and looks presentable.</p>
12-26-2014, 11:50 PM
detuned

Thank You Tom, will get started on improvements and will keep watch on tire size and any up dates. Happy New year</p>
01-03-2015, 05:44 PM
Super_dave

Looking forward to this. I'm not a bracket racer, just one of those test n tune goobs.</p>
01-12-2015, 05:55 PM
BX83

Just out of curiosity because i haven't seen anyone else mention it, but Atmore and 231 schedules over lap one another. テつ*Both racing there big bracket races on the 1st weekend of the month. テつ*From a racers stand point and being in the middle of both tracks and enjoying racing both it comes down to weighing the pos and cons which really comes down to purse structures for me. テつ*Atmore is $100 to enter $50 to buy back with $10,000 purse paying back to the quarters i believe. テつ*231 is $50 to enter and $25 to buy back with a テつ*$1200 win. テつ*Myself personally it's hard to turn down racing for $5,000 to win for only the difference of $50 especially when the difference in the winning purse is $3,800. テつ*Like i said before i enjoy racing at 231 and i will support them on the 3rd saturday in 7.0 but i don't foresee myself getting to bracket race there much for this very reason. テつ*I guess the point I'm getting at is I wish for the people like myself that are in the middle as far as drive wise that track owners would work schedules out to where this wasn't an issue.テつ*</p>
01-13-2015, 06:16 AM
old_memories

if you look at the 4 th picture down you will see the old hole at the far end has been filled in. It sure looked good when I was down there last week ,テつ* The place does not look like the old Power House or Breakaway , LOOKING GOOD .</p>
01-13-2015, 08:14 AM
Bugs

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="BX83" data-cid="7762" data-time="1421103308">
<div>

Just out of curiosity because i haven't seen anyone else mention it, but Atmore and 231 schedules over lap one another. テつ*Both racing there big bracket races on the 1st weekend of the month. テつ*From a racers stand point and being in the middle of both tracks and enjoying racing both it comes down to weighing the pos and cons which really comes down to purse structures for me. テつ*Atmore is $100 to enter $50 to buy back with $10,000 purse paying back to the quarters i believe. テつ*231 is $50 to enter and $25 to buy back with a テつ*$1200 win. テつ*Myself personally it's hard to turn down racing for $5,000 to win for only the difference of $50 especially when the difference in the winning purse is $3,800. テつ*Like i said before i enjoy racing at 231 and i will support them on the 3rd saturday in 7.0 but i don't foresee myself getting to bracket race there much for this very reason. テつ*I guess the point I'm getting at is I wish for the people like myself that are in the middle as far as drive wise that track owners would work schedules out to where this wasn't an issue.テつ*</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

テつ*</p>

you really hit on a good point it seems like its gonna take an act of God to get tracks to try and work together but then its always going to be one track doing something the same time another one does so they damned if they do or don't. Just have to go where you feel you need to be. Been that way for ever and with all these tracks somewhat close together it is what it is...テつ*</p>
01-13-2015, 09:58 AM
tom clausen

We are listening. I will talk to the boss soon and see what we might can do.

Thank you

Tom
01-13-2015, 01:13 PM
BX83

Tom I'm not out to try and get you guys to change your program I'm just mentioning things that i personally think might help and do appreciate that you guys listen to what the racer thinks. テつ*There is one other thing that i think could help 231 South if it is a part of their mission. テつ*If 231 business goal is to cater to local racer than that is great and I am all for that but if the intent is to draw racers from pensacola, mobile, atmore, south georgia etc. than you have to do something to make it worth the travel to come there. テつ*Myself personally the last two years I would drive to Atmore to race for $5K but i would not drive there to race for $1,300 just because it didn't seem cost efficient for me. テつ*What I'm getting at is if that is apart of the market your going for I don't think your going to get them to roll in the gate for $1,200 to win. テつ*Just my opinion and i could be wrong but i don't see it. テつ*What i do think well help with that market would be a purse such as this:</p>

テつ*</p>

Winner: $3,000 テつ* テつ* テつ* テつ* テつ* テつ* テつ* テつ* テつ* テつ* テつ* テつ*$1,200</p>

R/U: テつ* テつ* テつ* $500 テつ* テつ* テつ* テつ* テつ* テつ* テつ* テつ* テつ* テつ* テつ* テつ* テつ* $300</p>

Semi: テつ* テつ* $200 テつ* テつ* テつ* テつ* テつ* テつ*-VS- テつ* テつ* テつ* テつ*$100</p>

QT's: テつ* テつ* テつ*$100 テつ* テつ* テつ* テつ* テつ* テつ* テつ* テつ* テつ* テつ* テつ* テつ* テつ* $50</p>

テつ*</p>

Entry: テつ*$75 テつ* テつ* テつ* テつ* テつ* テつ* テつ* テつ* テつ* テつ* テつ* テつ* テつ* テつ* テつ* テつ*$50</p>

Buyback $30 テつ* テつ* テつ* テつ* テつ* テつ* テつ* テつ* テつ* テつ* テつ* テつ* テつ* テつ*$25</p>
01-13-2015, 01:55 PM
Julius Pruitt

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="BX83" data-cid="7825" data-time="1421172783">

Tom I'm not out to try and get you guys to change your program I'm just mentioning things that i personally think might help and do appreciate that you guys listen to what the racer thinks. There is one other thing that i think could help 231 South if it is a part of their mission. If 231 business goal is to cater to local racer than that is great and I am all for that but if the intent is to draw racers from pensacola, mobile, atmore, south georgia etc. than you have to do something to make it worth the travel to come there. Myself personally the last two years I would drive to Atmore to race for $5K but i would not drive there to race for $1,300 just because it didn't seem cost efficient for me. What I'm getting at is if that is apart of the market your going for I don't think your going to get them to roll in the gate for $1,200 to win. Just my opinion and i could be wrong but i don't see it. What i do think well help with that market would be a purse such as this:

Winner: $3,000 $1,200
R/U: $500 $300
Semi: $200 -VS- $100
QT's: $100 $50

Entry: $75 $50
Buyback $30 $25</p></blockquote>

I agree. Scheduling and a payout increase would be more appealing for racers that travel! I live 3 hours away but I love what y'all are doing with the place and look forward to getting a chance to race over there this year!
01-13-2015, 08:06 PM
tom clausen

The one thing I am learning fast is all the different classes and payouts. See in the 570RSRA we have sponsors which as you know makes paying the purse easier. Also since my start in racing in 2011 I have always had guaranteed purses no matter car count. So for me to say ok here is the entry fee and here is the purse. But purse advertised is based on car count. Dont like it. Never will. But I also understand this is a new roll for me and I have to adapt.
01-13-2015, 08:17 PM
tom clausen

The payout you suggested is 4300.00 total payout if there is 8 cars left. At 75.00 entry we would need 58 cars to break even. I do know you dont count on car count to pay the full purse?? Or am I wrong??? We will be running all run bracket races as well. Not top eliminater just all run. Will that help car count??? Hurt it??? Who knows. These will also be points races. I was leaning towards as you mentioned the local racers. Thats why getting off atmores schedule would be good. We will some big money brackets races now and then during the year.

I will get all this ironed out soon. Got to talk to boss man. I have the say so on most everything but I run the money by him first.
01-13-2015, 09:32 PM
BX83

Tom that structure is based on a minimum of 35 cars to guarantee the purse. you have to add in your 1st and 2nd round buy backs which with 35 cars brings you too a total of $4725 if you only have 35 cars. So the track is making $425 and every car after that is bonus money entry fee and buy back money that goes straight to the track
01-13-2015, 09:34 PM
BX83

As far as footbrake running with electronics I have seen where they allow them to run each other for the first couple rounds maybe something you want to look into and ask those guys
01-14-2015, 10:56 AM
Bugs

Baby steps Tom you can't do everything all at once. I see Tony's point but need to put the irons in the fire before getting crazy. I would look at SGMP bracket program Friday T/T Saturday and Sunday race been awhile since I've been there but think it was 2500 to win both days entry fee was good and so was the racing.</p>
01-15-2015, 10:03 AM
3dracing

Bugs,テつ*I think SGMP is running both races in one day this year.</p>
01-15-2015, 10:36 AM
Johnny Jordan

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="3dracing" data-cid="7930" data-time="1421334234">
<div>

Bugs,テつ*I think SGMP is running both races in one day this year.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

テつ*</p>

テつ*Personally I would like to see a return to the format and dates we had 3 years ago @ PC.</p>

テつ*I think that would work better for the racers and the track.</p>

テつ*</p>

テつ*Heads-up / Index classes on the first Saturday each month and Brackets / "Gas Saver Nationals" (2 races in 1 day)テつ*on the 3rd Sat.</p>

テつ*I know someテつ*Index classes are already planned for the 3rd weekendテつ*but thatテつ*shouldn't be a problem.テつ*</p>

テつ*</p>

テつ*Just my humbleテつ*opinion ...テつ*Thx, JJ </p>
01-16-2015, 12:57 AM
detuned

tom i have been watching all the talk about index racing and trying to set up some good classes. I'm 70 yrs. old been racing awhile and some of the most fun I had was with ORSCA. 3000lbs,10.5 tires no stops weigh after each round. had good car count, lots of action. Hatted to see them go but I think when they started to change rules to please the racers they lost car count and spectators. no weight limit, and any size tire, no tec. this is just my 2cents worth. Hope everything works out ok. hope to see you in 570rs</p>
01-16-2015, 06:46 AM
andyman

Any track that is 150 + miles should not have to worry about a thing that far apart it is the racers choice where he or she wants to go,</p>