DragCoverage.com Speed Forums  

DragCoverage.com Speed Forums > DragCoverage.com Speed Forums > General Discussion | Everything

09-24-2014, 07:13 AM
03neonsrt4

: n/a

So I've been pondering on this for a little while. With all the wrecks happening in the big events, are tracks just not investing in track prep or are they trying new formulas. With V's wrek he just shot to the left....seems to lost total traction.
09-24-2014, 06:07 PM
Johnny Jordan

I've been involved with tracks for close to 50 years now and there is one thing I will say about NHRA track prep.
The last time I was at the Gators I was very, very surprised at how narrow they made the groove.
We always tried to widen it out so a driver could recover if he had trouble or got crossed up.
09-24-2014, 06:20 PM
dragracererf

don`t forget the nitro cars have so much more down force, prostock is so much more touchy But I do agree with JJ
09-24-2014, 06:32 PM
dragracererf

I could wright a book on this but the groves in the concrete (Atlanta), weather, not seeing oil, driver error, track, ................................................ but that was not driver error
09-24-2014, 11:44 PM
MKZ28

The PS guys have been bitchin' about national event track prep for a long while.
I guess the track prep, for what ever reason, is quit different from the nitro cars and PS cars and the nitro cars win. (in the eyes' of the NHRA) BRING ON THE PRO MODS!
09-25-2014, 09:35 AM
dragracererf

:
The PS guys have been bitchin' about national event track prep for a long while.
I guess the track prep, for what ever reason, is quit different from the nitro cars and PS cars and the nitro cars win. (in the eyes' of the NHRA) BRING ON THE PRO MODS!
look @ Tim Tildle`s crash in Indy last year, he moved over a little and got in big trouble, IMHO narrow groove caused it